The aim of ISyDMA’5 is to provide an international forum for the discussion of current research on dielectric materials and applications, such as electrical insulation, dielectric phenomena and related topics.
The scope of the ISyDMA’5 includes all topics related to dielectric materials and their applications:
– Dielectric properties, polarization phenomena and applications – physics of space charge in non-conductive materials – polymers, composites, ceramics, glasses – biodielectrics – nanodielectrics, metamaterials, piezoelectric, pyroelectric and ferroelectric materials.
– Dielectrics for superconducting applications – industrial and biomedical applications – dielectric materials for electronics and photonics – new diagnostic applications for dielectrics – new and functional dielectrics for electrical systems – electrical conduction and breakdown in dielectrics – surface and interfacial phenomena.
– Solar energy Materials.
– Impedance spectroscopy applications to electrochemical and dielectric phenomena.
– Electrical insulation in high voltage power equipment and cables – ageing, partial discharges and life expectancy of hv insulation – space charge and its effects in dielectrics. Gaseous electrical breakdown and discharges.
– High voltage insulation design using computer; based analysis. Partial discharges in insulation: detection methods and impact on ageing. Monitoring and diagnostic methods for electrical insulation degradation. Measurement techniques. Modeling and theory.
– In addition to other related dielectric phenomena and techniques.